Whiskey Apple Crumb Pie
Whiskey Apple Pie Recipe:
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch crust pie (Pillsbury works great)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (keep in fridge till ready to use)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 package instant oatmeal (I use maple/brown sugar)
2. Slice apples thinly and add nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix together with whiskey mixture.
3. In a food processor add 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, flour and oatmeal. Pulse until it forms a small crumb like mixture. (see picture above)
4. Add apples to pie crust and then spread crumb mixture evenly on the top.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling on the edges.
6. Let cool for about 40 minutes or so...cut and serve with vanilla ice cream and whip cream! ENJOY!
The one picture of dinner below:
Alfredo Chicken Bacon Ranch Deep Dish Pizza
Some blogs I like to follow:
http://cupcakeblog.com/?page_id=83 (this has great recipes, but the blog has been moved to the below)
Enjoy...I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!